Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Adventures in a Perambulator


Mom (Odrae) was adamant. Every day, come rain, sleet, snow, or tornado, I went out for a walk. My mother was a very nice woman, and I was rather fond of her as she, I suspect, was rather fond of me. I have said, and am as sure of it as I have ever been of anything, that to my mother and father, I was not only their son, but their sun.

This split-second of time was snatched from 1934 and preserved specifically so that I might share it with you. I of course had no idea of what was going on at the time. Far too often, I still don't.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seeing you as a baby in a pram in this photo, I can see that you were living happily in a care-free world. And I bet it was your Mummy seen in this photo ( and your Daddy, of course ) who did everything she could to protect you from whatever would hurt you.
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely photo of you as a so kawaii(cute) baby, Dorien-san ! :)

Love,

Chie Minato